Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boneclave 2003 Starting Lineup

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, Here goes!
I have struggled with this a little and with some advice from some of you, I have a PLAN!

The following list of Boaters and Passengers was made by luck of the draw, with a little finangling thrown in! In hopes that as many get out in boats as possible and not ignoring the CAPACITY of the boats, it's not easy. We have many Passengers and few Boats. I think I covered all the boaters who have reserved spots and tried to keep the shorebound angler to a minimum. So let's send it up the flagpole and see how it flies!

My plan is to assign passengers to boats and if the passenger is assigned to a boat on the day of his arrival the passenger should make arrangements to meet his boater at the launch ramp at an agreed to time. It is up to the passenger to work his schedule around the boaters if possible. This may not work in all cases and we should try to have this hashed out reel soon in order to make other arrangements. Individually, on paper, this seems to work OK!

Additionally, with regard to capacity, if the boat shows a capacity of 2 and there are 3 scheduled, 1 of 3 things may work, 1. all go and take turns fishing (it's tough just with 2 fishing) or, 2. split the day into shifts, morning and afternoon or, 3. one angler does the shore thing. I think this can be worked out, and I bet we get a couple of noshows or cancels and adjust the arrangements accordingly.

As for gear, keep it simple, pack like you have only carry-ons, Delta we ain't!

Here's the list!

Day Boater Passenger/s
Friday: JimW Chuck, FredA
Bcasey JCasey, Quint
Craig Fliboy, Shadfreak
Slinger Smcdermott, Jerry
Lefty Juro, FrenchCreek
Schotty MikeZ, MikeZ's son
Hawkeye Ssully, MikeE, Papa-G

Looks like Nick needs a ride out to island on Friday Night, and Juro needs a ride off island! Nick, I'll pick you up, and maybe drop off Juro at the same time, we will get together on this!

Saturday: JimW Chuck, NickS
Bcasey JCasey, Quint
Craig jfbasser, Striblue
Slinger Smcdermott, Jerry
Lefty Shadfreak
Schotty Fliboy, Ssully
Hawkeye Papa-G, MikeE
GregD Greg's 2 kids
Bigcat FredA

ShoreBound Anglers: MikeZ, MikeZ's son, Doogue

FrenchCreek is on a charter with Capt. Art Sawyer

Looks like Juro needs a ride out to the island on Saturday night, we can arrange this on Friday! Before the FEAST? :devil:

Sunday: JimW Chuck, jfbasser
Bcasey JCasey, Quint, Ssully
Slinger FredA, MikeZ, MikeZ's son
Lefty Doogue, NickS
Schotty Smcdermott, Quentin
Hawkeye Striblue, Papa-G, MikeE
GregD Greg's 2 kids

ShoreBound Anglers: Juro, Fliboy, Jerry, Shadfreak, FrenchCreek

Monday: JimW Chuck, FrenchCreek
Lefty Quentin, Shadfreak
Hawkeye Doogue, Papa-G, MikeE

ShoreBound Angler: None

Well, there it is! Think it will work?:eyecrazy:

See less See more
#2 ·
Please be sure to check the "Last edited date" at the end of the post for the most up to date info. Changes will be made as we get it tweeked and you don't want to be waiting at the dock when your boat is hookin up on those Green Speedsters!:hehe:

#5 ·
Nice job...

Case,

Thank you for all your hard work. This looks like it will be one for the history books regardless of what the fish do. Looking forward to spending some time on and off the water with old and new friends. I will be away for the weekend w/o access to a PC so if anyone needs any info from me I will check in Sunday night.

Sean

#7 ·
Brian,
Excellent work. Really well done. As far as the ride Friday night, not quite one hunderd percent yet on that, may have to be sat morning. I'll let you know early next week.? If that's not ok, let me know. Not sure if my indecisiveness is affecting anyone else...

Nick

#8 ·
Case,
Good work. Just a tweek to your list. MY boat being a 14' skiff is very limited. There's no way I can fish 2 in addition to myself. Also , I can only nose out of the jetty's and pursue the hardtails nearby. There are calm mornings when I can blast out to succoinesset shoal but that's it. If there are not enough boat seats that means a few people will be dropped at the jetty to fish there. A seat will open for them eventually. Usually toward the end of the trip I hop onto a bigger boat as well to get out to Middle Ground and the other shoals further out. Historically, you can expect a lot of fluidity in how the schedule actually pans out once we're out there.

LEfty

#9 ·
JimW, Doogue, Thanks

Smcdermott, have a great w/e and thanks

MikeZ, I got friends in HIGH places!

Nick, We can work it out, no problem!

Lefty, I'll add you to the tweeking list, see edits soon. I agree, all this is just a starting point and what happens will come out in the wash. Thanks for all your help! I'm sure you will see land "from a distance" before the w/e is over.

Ooop's, was I supposed to know that Neac9 and jerry are the same? Slinger, you got some splainin to do! Is this the case and do I need to tweek here as well? Let me know!

#10 ·
Case, yeah they`re one and the same. allthough when you feed him you may think they`re two people. I don`t see any need to change anything. My boats only a 16`, three people will be a little crowded but OK, 4 on Sun. may be too many. Sure would like to get out with Mike and his son, Matt is one of the hardcores from last Oct. on the West Wall. Oh course I`m also looking forward to fishing with Fred to.
Slinger

#13 ·
Friday Check-in time

On Friday our check-in time at the campsite is 1PM. I hope all will be considerate of the campers who will be checking out on that morning! I seem to recall some complaints a couple of years ago from some of the campers about being woken up by us.
We should plan to off load any gear and equipment, prior to our check-in, on the beach as quietly as possible. You may want to cover your stuff with a tarp. (and be sure to keep it above the high water line):D
I hope that by now ALL Passengers have contacted their assigned boat for transport to the Island. If not, PLEASE do so ASAP.

#14 ·
Case,
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it down Friday night, but will be there first thing Saturday morning.
Sorry for the change!

Nick

#17 ·
Case,

Barring unforseen circumstances I'll be bringing my boat, which will get me out to the island and the jetties and maybe just outside if it's FAC. (sorry, no room for passengers). Since I have a 3 hr + drive on Sunday you can take me off the "rider" list for Sunday morning and I'll take my chances at getting on a boat later in the day if the opportunity arises.

Q

#18 ·
Case, Lefty -

Thanks for all the hard work, I'm sure we all feel the same appreciation.

FYI - I believe FrenchCreek will be on Art Sawayer's Boat but you should check with him directly. I will have a canoe and am happy with the jetty / beach corner action but if a spot opens I'd be happy to take it. If anyone is without please put them in my place, I can get back and forth from the jetty and that's all I really need. As anyone who fishes Waquoit knows, the outlet is a real hotspot.

I am psyched!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.