Fly Fishing Forum banner

amazing bucktail

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BARDY 
#1 ·
I just got an order of bucktail from SaltWater Edge and it is good stuff. I ordered the "premium"(8 bucks a tail!!!)and I think the hairs are at least 5 inches long. If you are looking for some really special stuff, give 'em a call. These are not listed on the web site. Don't forget to tell them that you appreciate them sponsoring the forum.

#5 ·
Don, they said that there was a "limmited supply", but I got a bunch of nice blues. white, and chartruese. Give them a call(and don't forget to mention The Forum). They have been getting a lot of buzz in CA. and I'm sure that the shows will wipe them out. I wish I had gotten olive.

#6 ·
Bucktail

Eddy
My experience with buying bucktails is a disaster, I have enough bucktails that are unusable in tying flies, I could start a paint brush factory.
Because of my handicap, I can't go out to fly shops to pick my own selections, so I'm at the mercy of mail order suppliers.
I'm on a limited income and I can't afford to be sc--wd again, my question, trusting you, from your knowledge, does Saltwater Edge have SOFT, SOFT,SOFT bucktails and a variety of colors? the lenght is no importants.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
If there are others knowledgable with this subject please acknowledge.
I need some SOFT bucktail now.
Thanks all.
Joe

#7 ·
Joe, they are soft. It would be hard to decribe how soft or if they are soft enough for you. Maybe others could describe them better. If length is not important, you won't need the "extra select". I bet if the weren't right, you could return them for a refund. They also have colors that are not on the web site, but not the nice pastels that I saw at the Bears Den.

#8 ·
I was down there on Saturday and there selection is somewhat limited. They are waiting for a order to come in for the Wilmington show. I got a nice Red Claret and a Lavender tail. One thing I noticed is they have regular tails, which are very good for $6.99 and they have there Extra Select tails for $7.99, the ones with very long,straight Bucktail. Be sure you look for the Extra Select label on the packaging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.