Fly Fishing Forum banner

Third Annual Great Lakes Spey Clave

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Dornblaser 
#1 ·
The Great Lakes Spey Clave will be held on April 16 and 17 at Henning Park on the Muskegon River in Newaygo, Michigan. More details to follow. For further information contact Woodlander through this forum.

#2 ·
THIRD ANNUAL GREAT LAKES SPEY CLAVE

The Great Lakes Spey Clave will be held April 16 from 9:00 AM until dark, and April 17 from 9:30 AM until ? at Henning Park in Newago, Michigan.

Seminars Available:
Andy Murray (House of Hardy) Spey Casting with Floating and Sinking Lines
Neil Houlding (Loomis Pro Staff) Skagit Casting, Spey Casting from a Boat
Toni Karuvara (Guideline Europe) Underhand Casting, Tube Fly Tying
Fred Vargas, Spey Fly Tying

Manufacturers' Equipment on Display:
Hardy, Cortland, Loomis, Thomas and Thomas, Sage, Winston, Scott, CND,
St. Croix, Loop, Meiser Custom Rods, Rio, SA, Solitude Reels

Please Note:
Dress for the weather: waders, raingear and eye protection. Bring your favorite line on a reel for the weight of rod you prefer to cast. Bring your preferred cookout food and drink.

The park will not be open for camping.

For the early birds, there will be a mini-clave on Friday afternoon.

For further information, contact Woodlander through this forum.

#3 ·
I will would like to try out a RIO 5/6 line and a Hardy Mach I 8/9 line anyone who will attending has those lines, I would appreciate if you would bring them. I will be bringing a WC 6/7/8 F, WC 7/8/9 Tips, a TT Steelhead taper 8/9. and Cortland 444SL WF 8/9 tiips.

#4 ·
Smolt said:
I will would like to try out a RIO 5/6 line and a Hardy Mach I 8/9 line anyone who will attending has those lines, I would appreciate if you would bring them. I will be bringing a WC 6/7/8 F, WC 7/8/9 Tips, a TT Steelhead taper 8/9. and Cortland 444SL WF 8/9 tiips.
Smolt,

As you know, I just received the Hardy I 8/9 line from Mike at the Red Shed Fly Shop. I will be out of town for most of that week-end and probably will not be able to attend. I would ge glad to send you the line/spool/reel to try that week-end if you like. It is currently on a Ross BG-4 spool. IM or email if you are interested.

Best,
David Dornblaser

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.