Fly Fishing Forum banner

Wooly buggers

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  TinMan 
G
#1 ·
Hello, It has been a while since I have posted here. I am a college student whos hobby is fly fishing, I tie my own flys. I try to sell a few of themn on the side for spare cash, It is hard to work and school, and tying flys is much more fun. I am currently set up to make most wooly bugger patterns. I can add most of the things you like. Such as rubber or silicone legs, coneheads, flash, glow flash and whatnot. I can tye bass bugs to. mostly out of deer hair and on 6 to 3/0 hooks, I prefer the 3/0s myself. Here are pics

If you are interested, My prices are cheap, and I can tye them relativley fast. My email is ZR2Mudbug@aol.com... Thanks you. I prefer to sell flys by the dozen, but we can work whatever you want out, I am sure.

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Lets say 10 dollars plus shipping. I can do them on #8 or #10 hooks. And in colors black, brown, olive(light or dark), grizzly olive, grizzly brown, or crystal flash. I may have a few #6 hooks left, maybe enough for a dozen. Let me know something, I will mail them to you and you can send me the money. How does that sound.

G
#7 ·
Ill get right on them. How would you like me too ship the flys..2-3 day priority or regular mail.. I will ship however you like. I am out of the purple. I do not use that color much, reason for me not having it, however i will see if i can find enough materials in the bottom of my fly stuff boxes do make 3 of em, i will prob will be able too. If this is a favorite color of many people i will get some purple materials.

Thank you very much for the order

#9 ·
juro (04-30-2001 08:15 p.m.):
JohnH -

Your flies are beautiful and the photography is excellent! Wooly buggers are high on the list of catch-anything flies too. Nice work!

Juro

They are indeed (again, credit goes to the Sony TRV900 for the picture quality ;-). I caught a really nice brook trout on that purple number John! Excellent workmanship!

G
#11 ·
I got that batch tied up and it is gonna be shipped out today.

He took the pictures, I traded him some flies for the pictures, good deal IMO. I appreciate those pics you took for me. They look wonderful. Nice to hear my flys are catchin trout. There are none around here (too hot) but those smaller bass and bream like them, I have good luck on the creeks using a tiny #10 black bugger lightly haclkled and with the purple flash, The creek fish (rock bass, goggle eye (you may call them pumpkinseeds, and bream) eat that up.
I even caught a crappie on one once. Which is odd because they normally only bite minnows, grubs, or a spinner of some sort.

G
#13 ·
I still got plenty of materials left, and it is going nowhere. Let me tye you all some flys. I got lots of #8 and #10 hooks. i will do a variety of both sizes in olive, black, and brown for 9 bucks a dozen plus shipping, lots les than Orvis, even after shipping. I also do a grizzly brown and grizzly olive color you have not seen before. I have like stuff for over 500 buggers, I just wanna get rid of some of em. I know I will never come out on top, but I have fun making them.

#15 ·
John -

Since I am one of the folks who ordered - let me say I am sorry about the lack of acknowledgement. I received them before the Cape Cod conclave this past weekend and had been too busy to take care of it since they arrived. I will take care of it right away. If you have paypal I can send it electronically right now, if not I will get it sent out when I get home tonight.

The flies are beautifully tied and I will post the pics of the fish I fool with them here.

G
#16 ·
Its cool, I was more worried about them not makin it to you. Whenever you have time too it is fine. Can some people recommend me a goodplace for a first time to trout fish in missouri or arkansas. I want to try some of that action out and may take a summer trip.

#18 ·
juro (05-07-2001 02:08 p.m.):
Tinman - did you take those photos?
Yeap. Again, camera deserves alot of the credit... ;-)

john (05-07-2001 11:37 p.m.):
He took the pictures, I traded him some flies for the pictures, good deal IMO. I appreciate those pics you took for me. They look wonderful. Nice to hear my flys are catchin trout.
No problem at all John, thanks for letting me keep the flies - they've caught alot of fish already (esp. that purple number)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.