Fly Fishing Forum banner

New: Orvis Trident 14' 9wt Spey(tip flex 12.0)

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  dansteelieman 
#1 ·
New and Never Used: A brand new Orvis Trident 14' 9wt Two-Handed Spey Rod(flex rating of 12.0) This model is the older version and has a faster european action, with a quick, responsive tip and progressive "euro" action enabling you to use tips/heads and initiate all spey casts including the newer Norweigen underhand cast as well. Rod features burghandy colored blank with gold trim, titanium oxide stripper and snake guides, anodized aluminum reelseat with salmon walnutwood insert and gold downlocking rings, and a 16" cork forgrip with a 4" extension butt with gold anodized plate and rubber butt cap. Rod is a 3pc design with tube and sock included. Also features Orvis's 25 year, no hassle warranty. Truly a remarkable rod, performs flawlessly. Rod was never used and line was never strung thru. Rod is no longer sold thru Orvis, and was made specifically for Atlantic Salmon on the famous Miramchi, Pacific Salmon and Steelheading with long bellied lines, and for Sea Trout, Atlantics and Steelhead using shooting heads in the Norwegien region of Icleand, Norway and Sweeden. You won't find a better quality rod by Orvis. Rod retailed for $700 at one time, I have set a lower reserve. Take advantage of this rod now, you might not come across this rod in the future.

I am asking $415 OBO. Email me for pics, I got a few.

#2 ·
a pic...

Here is a pic...

Attachments

#3 ·
Ok.....

Asking $395, anyone intersted?

#5 ·
no no...

This rod isn't the one that retails for $595.00 cohocola, this rod is two years old and is alot nicer than the newer one. This one has a price tag on it for $685....it reatiled for close to that much. You can see the quality of it compared to the cheaper built new one.It has a faster action too, and alot of reserve power.

Yours if you want it....

#7 ·
sounds good....

ust let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.