Fly Fishing Forum banner

A.s.f. Swap Flies Received

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Steelheader69 
#1 ·
Received a great selection of flies today. Thank's for the Willie Gunn, Blue Bayous, Keohane Special, Green Butt #3 Flash, Spring Wiggler (pheasant tail version),
All are great additions to my growing collection of ASF patterns.
Can't wait to get back east to try these out..

#3 ·
OK that leads Steelheader 69 who has not confirmed (jerry)

Heck he has so many flies what do a few more mean to a man like that any way.

BTW, I will not be fishing any of these flies but using them as samples for me to tie from and keep in a special section of my fly boxes.

Thanks a lot gentlemen.

Hal

#4 ·
And the Spey salmon were almost impressed

Hi Guys.
I had another day on the Spey today so I gave the flies a swim. French Creeks Ali Shrimp interested a fish it gave a head and tail rise, then a little tweek on the next cast, and finally on the third cast a gentle pull on the dangle. But would not come again, I tried everything in the box but interest was lost. I wonder if I would have got a hook hold had I been fishing the tradition scottish treble.

Great day though lots of fun.

Malcolm

#5 ·
Hi Doc!
It must be these "across the pond" fish, surely it was not the single hook. On this side of the pond, they come up and smile at the fly first, then agressively take it.
Good to hear it was lucky, almost, for you.

#6 ·
Malcolm,

I don't think fly fishing trebles are allowed on any North American waters, not sure why, since the lure guys can use them in trout and salmon waters. Double hooks are allowed in many states though.

Not sure about Canada but I think doubles are allowed in many areas there.

Actually I have never used a treble on a fly here in the U.S. Would be to drastic a change for me now I think.

Best

Halb

#7 ·
Yep, got em'

Sorry Hal, thought I had emailed you about them. Yes, I got them and loved them. Will be using some of the extras you threw in for my trip this weekend.

Some beautiful flies. May even try the Willie Gunn on the Hoh, some good colors for the river.

Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.