Fly Fishing Forum banner

FYI, re, Parker River, W. Yarmouth

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PEC54 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Fred, thanks for the post. I saw it this a.m. and am certainly disturbed about its ramifications. Yarmouth and the Parker are just the tip of the iceburg. When we see Red Tide notices from Maine south, it is the effluent, whether it is runoff from nutrient enriched landscape or septic systems. Look what it has done to the Chesepeake. A lot of the cape areas are addressing the problem by central sewage systems and waste treatment facilities. I think Chatham is doing a pretty good job, but we are talking real money to profilerate it thru the cape and the world.

#3 ·
Here's one for ya!!!!!!

Sandwich Creek aka Old Harbor creek, has just recently received a clean bill of health, 10,000 quahog seeds were recently planted, and soon the no shell fishing ban will be lifted. Now here's the real kicker, the major source of pollution came from the wing elementary school just outside the center of town ,the school is over 100 years old and up until to 3 or 4 years ago they had no septic sysyem :eek: :Eyecrazy: they dumped directly into Mill creek, which just so happens to be the herring run:tsk_tsk: . I don't know how I missed this but apparently the state sued the town,and required them to install a septic system.:whoa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.