Fly Fishing Forum banner

Improve Your Flyfishing Pictures

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ZachMatthews 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Zach,

You look exactly like John Wilson or maybe it's the brown trout creating the resemblance :lildevl:

Seriously, the photo advice was excellent. Let me reciprocate with a bit of 'layout' advice - putting a little descriptive text below the mainpage photo and slideshow cover page would clarify that the person in the picture is an Arkansas trout God not a self-portrait and avoid confusion for us feeble brained viewers that may think "Oh my God - John Wilson has an twin in a parrallel universe!" ;)

#4 ·
Good idea Juro, will do. I worked the show up for a TU presentation and I expected to be telling people who was in each picture verbally.

Chromer - the casting 'spiel' is a little old and my camera is really outside its pay grade. I plan to rebuild those lessons completely in the future. Yes, with less annoying music. They are oversimplified - mostly for length. If you want to watch something more interesting check this one out:

http://www.itinerantangler.com/casting/cast9.wmv

That's a 106' cast with a 5 weight. I'm longer than that now but it is hard to record yourself casting - running back and forth and all. :)

Thanks again for watching the podcast.
Zach

#6 ·
The Itinerant Angler Podcast

Hey guys -

I just wanted to update you on where my show has gone since that first Photography Episode. I'm kicking the podcast back into high gear this month with weekly shows every Monday morning. Scheduled guests include Lefty Kreh and Simon Gawesworth as well as many others.

Here's my announcement of this week's show, but there are a dozen others in the archive, too:

Bernard Ramanauskas of Scott Cane and Eden Cane was nice enough to give me an interview on my podcast, and I thought it would be right up y'all's alley, so I'm bringing it to your attention. For those unsure of what exactly a 'podcast' is, a little explanation: a podcast is nothing more than an online radio show. It is an MP3 file that you can either download or listen to on the web. You don't need an iPod to listen to one, just your computer. You can get to the podcast by clicking the picture below.

(Click to visit the podcast entry.)

"In 1960, no one clamored for rods made by Glenn Brackett, Tom Morgan, or Mike Clark, but today those makers command top dollar for their exquisite bamboo creations. For Bernard Ramanauskas, this is 1961: if you haven't heard his name yet, you're one of an ever-diminishing number. At 36, Ramanauskas has achieved what some well-regarded luminaries never do--his creation, Eden Cane, became so well respected that he was offered the chance to Lazarus a major bamboo studio: Scott Cane. The new SC rods he developed draw heavily from techniques pioneered at Eden Cane, putting other makers on notice. Listen carefully as Bernard gives us a masterclass in the finer points of bamboo fly rod design--you may want to grab a pen and paper!"

If you'd like to subscribe to the podcast and have it download to your computer automatically, you can do so here (requires free iTunes download if you don't already have it):

For those who enjoyed the show, I suggest you also take a look at last week's episode, with Larry Kenney. Larry is something of a fiberglass rods expert and was present for the founding and development of the Scott Rods company.

Thanks for listening,
Zach

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.