Fly Fishing Forum banner

Where to fish this fall?!?!?!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 · (Edited)
The wives have agreed and the boys are ready. We have three days in the fall to go fishing, 24/7. NO WIVES ARE COMING. Thinking of going sometime between the last week of Sept into the 2nd or 3rd week of Oct. Unfortunately it will have to be a weekend, Fri-Sun as opposed to the calm fishing of weekdays...

I was hoping the board could help us decide where to go and when. We can go just about anywhere, although we are partial to the Northeast and the fall Striper/Blue/Albie runs.

I was hoping for some input about where you might recommend. Our first inclination was the cape out around the Chatham area but we are seriously considering Martha’s Vinyard or Rhode Island as well.

We are based in NH and there will be 3-4 of us, wading (maybe 2 kayaks between us) and all fly fishing.

Your thoughts and recommendations are much appreciated.

Quick, before the wives all change their minds!!!

Thanks in advance,
- Matt -
Feel free to e-mail me: msiler_99@yahoo.com

See less See more
#3 ·
You could take them to a nice cottage on Cape Ann and hit the annual bunker madness along the coastline, October. You could do as Slinger says, just follow the reports and hit it in the prime time.

Or yes Chatham is always quaint and productive, bound to please all and fish are there any time in the season.

Rhode Island would be a top choice that time of year, West Wall to Napatree and every breachway in between.

But for family fun and smiles on the spouses faces I say the islands are going to be the 'special' experience IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.