Fly Fishing Forum banner

In need of a yak attack!

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
I need to get out after work one night next week, maybe Thursday. Tides look good for the mouth of the CT River, and the stripers are there.

Who's in? :lildevl:

#2 ·
I'm interested.

Hi Mark,

I may be able to join you thursday after work. I'll have to sync up with you mid week to see how time commitments are going for work and the spring clave.

We can work out where to meet and launch then.
Looking forward to kayak fishing with you again my friend.

I'll be in touch....

Greg.

#3 ·
If all goes to plan I will be in our Cambridge Ma. office Thursday for a quick 'escape' to the Cape when the down-tools whistle blows. Then again I might just sneak out a bit earlier if no one is watching :hihi:

Hope to catch you guys down there sometime this season.

#4 ·
Greg, with all of the rain that we've been getting here over the past several days I'm thinking that Friday would be better for both water clarity and tides. But I'm not sure when you're heading to the spring clave, so that might not work.

Let's keep things open for now.

#5 ·
Hi Mark,

I was wondering about that, tons of debris in the water, stuff hanging up around the bridges etc...

Unfortunately I am planning on heading down to the cape friday for the spring clave.

Maybe next week then we could try to get together then when the water clears abit.

I'm itching to get out and catch some stripers, so let's try again another time...

Greg.

#7 ·
The river is still cloudy and very high. I'm going to hit the Pine Island area out of Groton tomorrow evening after work to catch the incoming tide. I paddle a yellow Tarpon 140 if anyone wants to meet up.

This area was great last fall, and this will be my maiden voyage fishing it at this time of the season. I'm looking forward to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.