Fly Fishing Forum banner

Neoprene Fanny Pack = Dry Gear

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
I stumbled across a neoprene fanny pack while perusing an online catalog.

I picked one up to slip on the belt of my stripping basket so I would have extra storage, out of the way, while I wade. I just spin my stripping basket around behind me when I want to access it. It's large enough to hold a phone, some essential tools, some ostrich jerky(one of my favorites) and a few flyboxes with some room to spare. I'd compare it to a good sized chest pack.

The best part is the waterproof nature of the pack. It isn't 100% waterproof because it has a normal zipper across the top. The zipper is covered by a neoprene flap that secures on either size with velcro, though. That keeps spray and or downpours from getting in the pack. This all adds up to being able to wade up to the small of my back without getting anything I'm carrying wet. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I'm just not a fan of chestpacks because they get in my way.

I sent the company an email to inquire if they wanted to become a sponsor. Therefore, pending their reply to Juro, I won't post the retailers name, or, the manufacturer for that matter. If anyone wants info they can PM or email me.

#3 ·
I have settled on the Sagebrush Dry Goods camera bag...when putting one's very expensive digi cam in the hands of waterproof bag, you do not settle for second best!!

I have used the Pelican Cases in the past and there is no way in Hell water is getting into them but they are a little too bulky to carry around on a river for a days fishing.

They are have a decent supply of padding within the bag...come with a strap and a heavy duty belt loop so that you can either hang them off your vest (which I do when I am wading deep) or wear it on your wading belt when you are wading shallow (which I have done as well).

They come complete with a heavy duty 100% waterproof zipper and I honestly do not see how water can get into them...I have put full faith in it!

They are a tad pricey ($80-85) but they are well worth it!!!

...and oh yeah, they are available from one of our fine sponsors...I wonder which one that is!! ;) :D ...Kaufmanns ofcourse!!...the new catolog with the bags should be posted anytime!

#5 ·
I still carry a bum-bag wich I picked up at EMS about 10 years ago. I carry it slung across my shoulder these days - provides easy access and allows me to slide it up around my neck when I get too deep :rolleyes:

I've been looking at modern chest pack designs but nothing is compelling me to spend $$ at this stage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.