Fly Fishing Forum banner

Nantucket

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  bonefishmon 
#1 ·
A good friend and his wife are headed to Nantucket at the end of the month. I've only been there a couple of times many, many years ago (30-35) . . . but it's where I caught my first striper . . . from the beach by the airport.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

#2 ·
Bill, you were probably off the beach at Surfside which is the south coast and plenty of public access. Madaket rips off the beach is also a spot. Many folks go top the beaches of
Great Point on oversand vehicles. I would suggest to him to walk in to Cross Rip Outfitters, near the major ferry docks...not the one in town and ask those guys. They are a good group...don't bother with the other shop on the other side of town...the older long standing shop . I will PM you the name of shop to avoid.

#3 ·
Bill, I just received my report from Cross Rip which - get from them by email and they say the best Beach fishing has been Great point...but they may not have got reports from elsewhere on the Island...and Bonito are showing up...I would let him know that he should check their website

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.