8K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  acklinsboy 
#1 ·
Stay tuned! Its about to get hot!!

Felton

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Josko,

Having been to this specific landscape, an angler's lodge on the south end is hardly trashing the area. In my opinion many such structures are complements to their surroundings. Acklins is remote and largely void of buildings of any kind and I know Felton would only grace his home island with something he builds.

Many of us fish and in some cases live on Cape Cod - which is completely 'trashed', if this is the criteria by which we define that term. So for me, until the miniature golf courses, T-shirt stands and inflatable toys flapping on ropes along the strip hit Acklins, I will not see it as 'trashed' by the addition of a new structure for the purposes of enjoying the pristine area just outside it's door.

#12 ·
Felton, I have heard rumors of a new fishing heaven. If it is south, then could it be near the Rollex? Based on the foundation photo, it appears HUGE! Now that you have got our attention, more please.

As one of the last pristine out-island destinations, I know you will do the right thing to maintain its lore, beauty and bounty.

#14 ·
Hey Jim.... do I sense an Acklins conclave in the wind?

We should all head down for a house warming or would it be a lodge warming when Felton has his project completed....

Keep us in the loop Felton...its fun following the progress...

My best to the great folks on Acklins.

#16 ·
Great... I can see my room... its the one to the left of FredA and JimS !

Don't forget the soundproofing... you know I snore like a B52 spooling up!

Do we have GPS locations of this site ?

Good luck with everything Felton and hope to see you in the coming months.

#20 ·
ambitious

Hey Felton,
I certainly admire your fortitude in undertaking any construction project on Acklin's.
Given the difficulty in getting materials (and the condition of the main road), it takes a determined individual to even contemplate such an undertaking.
So congratulations, and you have my best wishes for a successful endeavor.
GMflyfish

#21 ·
Thanks, GM.

Acklins is such a lovely place, worth sharing! Certainly, I owe it to the isle of my birth to give a little back, especially, to the persons who stayed. In time the negatives will all be a distanced memory. Wish I could do more!!

Pray that Ike leaves us intact.

Felton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.