Fly Fishing Forum banner

Chatham in June - Some help please

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
I can take some time off from work in June (a Tuesday - Saturday).

The 16th-20th are out because of work commitments..

Thought I would pick the collective brains here on which week would be best based on tides and moon etc...

I will be wading mostly but a friend (Big Dave from Acklins group) may bring his boat down.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

#3 ·
Chatham June 21 - 24 th ?

I am going to try to leave Tuesday afternoon June 20th for Chatham.

The next few days (June 21 -24) I will try to use some of what I have read here on getting out to the flats etc.

Are any of you going to be in Chatham during this time period ?

Let me know . I would like to see some of the Acklins vets again.

#5 ·
Fred are the tides better the week you are down there ?
I am not sure which tide predictor to use for the area...

Maybe I could fight with work and change the dates and meet you guys down there ...
I will work on it...

#10 ·
Hi Jim

I have been trying to contact Big Dave from Acklins... when I get in touch we will do a conf.call with you...

Dave17 hopefully we will see you and FredA down there for a mini Acklins vets conclave...

#11 ·
JimS, FredA and Dave17

Got in touch with Acklins Big Dave... he said he wants to go to Chatham the last week in June for a few days when I am going and you all will be there..

I am looking for a motel/hotel that is not too far from Chatham with a decent (read that cheap) rate....

Any ideas ?

thanks and hope to see you all there...

#15 ·
Jim Simms is staying there as well so you can always get the inside skinny just by walking to their unit.

The routine is simple... stumble out of the Squire, then to the motel. Wake up and stop at Larry's PX for breakfast (5:30a open).

Get gourmet sandwich packed for lunch on the beach at Chatham Village Cafe (400 Main St) and they also have great espresso to flush out that swill they call coffee over at Larry's. :eek:

Get to refuge by 7:30a. Take Rip Ryder to the hinterlands.

Repeat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.