Fly Fishing Forum banner

June 25th

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
The wedding day on Cape Cod is soon to be here and I need to tie up some good ones. I know things start to get a bit more difficult by then so I need some advise for flies to tie for the Harwich area. My main concern is if certain flies need to be tied sparce or full. Thanks!

PS. Your all invited to come to the reception after you finish your Saturday fishing I plan on having a couple of fine bottles of the good stuff waiting. Please bring cigars as I'm not allowed to buy them anymore but I guess I could smoke one if! :biggrin: I don't plan on any police raids like the last time I got married but hey you never know.

OC

#2 ·
Gotsta have, among others...

A mix of sand eely Clousers, olive, yellow, chartruese or tan on top, a few strands of lavender or pink or chartruse in the middle, shades of white (smoke, polar bear, etc) in da belly. Tie thin and nicely tapered. Vary flash from moderate to none. Super hair, Unique hair or DNA works well in addition to bucktail. Use the Unique hair and DNA for smaller versions. Sizes from 2 to 2/0 (tmc 811 or similar), about 3 to 7 inches long.

Do a search on Juro's Deep Eel.

Where's the reception?

#3 ·
Thanks Fred,

I'll start working on Juro's deep eel first thing. Will I need any shrimp, worm flies just incase things get really difficult? Also may do some night fishing in local creeks, and tidal rivers in the Dennis, Harwich area. Poppers?

The reception is in Harwich Port and I'll give an address later. It will be outdoors and easy going, casual affair. I believe in small weddings and larger receptions. It would be great to put a face on the many great nicknames of the folks who visit the striper section of flytalk.

#4 ·
OC,

I would definitely tote along some gurglers/bangers if you will be fishing at night - or anytime for that matter.

If you fish the estuaries and there is a worm hatch you will probably be wishing for some small cinder worm patterns. The fish are generally not that picky this time of year unless there's a worm hatch.

With some deep eels, standard clousers/deceivers and maybe a surf candy or squid fly you will be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much about shrimp this time of year.

#6 ·
Juro we will find a way to fish, It will be busy like every time I make it back out there but I have been given permission to fish when ever I can, of course with responsibility. All night fly on 21st in on 22 nd, have to get a marriage license on 22nd, can you imagine that someone requires one. Leave middle of the next week and there will be time to fish. Hoping to get out with Roop one time and plan on lots of 2 hour trips whenever there is an opening. I have a car beach pass for the Harwich town beaches so I hope that will help for the quickies. If anyone is around and has time for a few hours of fishing from time to time I'd love to tag along, it would be fun. Honeymoon suite. is at the Cranberry Inn, I hope that it's on the a beach or at least near a beach where big fish swim. I'm going to have my rod ready at all times! :smokin:

Sean is ready to fish, I told him that they,( the big boys will be moving in on next Monday's tide). Get him into some big ones will ya, Thanks.

Big Dave ,

I will tie up some gurglers, nothing better than fishing an out going in the dark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.