Fly Fishing Forum banner

TROUT UNLIMITED Kids Day May 10th 12-5pm

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  GregD 
#1 ·
Hello,

Trout Unlimited chapter #148 (Worcester) is Hosting the 1st annual Kids day May 10th at Trout Brook Park on the Quinipoxet river near Holden Ma from 12 noon to 5pm. Despite the potential conflicts with Soccer, baseball and other activities May 10th is the only date we can do it. Hope some kids will be able to make it.

Fly rods and training in their use will be provided by Trout Unlimited members. It is open to kids age 10 and up. If there are groups larger than 4 or so we would appreciate an adult or two to supervise and help look after their safety around the river and it's hazards. Kids that are not comfortable or interested in learning to fly fish are welcome to use a spinning rod if so desired. I understand that the river will be stocked with trout prior to the event to increase the chances of the kids catching some fish.

It would be helpful to know how many are planning to come so we can get the required number of people and rods available for the event. Please send mail to myself and/or Ric Weeks with anticipated head counts. "mailto:ric.weeks@att.net"

Learn more about Trout Unlimited, Please visit the Worcester Chapter home page. Via link below
"http://www.onthecommon.com/servlet/otc_ProcServ/dbpage=page&GID=01221001071005588112823835&PG=01221001071005588112889731"

Hope you can make it.

Greg.

See less See more
#2 ·
Tommorrow is the day for Trout Unlimited's 1st Annual Kids Day. I also learned that they are running a fund raiser for the fish ladder restoration project on the Quinipoxet river near Holden Ma there as well. This fish ladder will open up at least 12 miles of potential spawning water for the Trout and Atlantic Salmon Restoration project. Hope some of you can make it.

Tight Lines,
Greg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.