Fly Fishing Forum banner

NFR: Real estate agent in SW Oregon?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Hammer 
#1 ·
Looking to trade some property in California (Sacramento/Auburn/grass valley area) for property in Southwest Oregon (Ashland to Medford) area. Proximity to rivers a must :D

#2 · (Edited)
Phil, call "Mel" (Bailey).

Joan and I have used her several times (she must love her commission checks:devil: ) without problem. Straight shooter, and she's also the Realtor Jim (J D) Jones used for his purchase her in our area.

Marilyn's number at Ashland Homes is 541 482 0044. .20 cent plug here for myself: I'm a mortgage banker in the area so if you need info on financing, etc., give me a buzz, or drop me a PM/E mail.
Fred

#4 · (Edited)
Doc, if more Board Folk lived/wanted to move to ..

Southern Oregon, I'd "drop the dine" in a "New York Second."
:devil:

All kidding aside, Marilyn has known Joan far longer than I've know Joan. Straight shooter with whom we've done, by last 'count,' about 1.3M in transactions in this area. If she's not 'sure,' she stands up and says so, and brings in someone who can address the issues.

What brought us to So. Oregon was the intent to build vineyards; not her normal thing (now sold and gone .. DOUBLE DAMN!) and we built/dug/spent/etc. what it took to develop one of the best vineyards in our area.... still premo grapes that have contracts for every cluster on the vines.

Interesting to drive by and see vines that were the size of your little finger now the size of your forearm. Nature is a good thing.

Interesting thing a few evenings ago at a social gathering: met a fellow that (he and friends) had purchased my 'short crop-special interest vines' fruit and loved the result.

Makes you feel pretty darned good!!:D :D :D :D

#8 ·
I'd be travelin' south JD and Hammer. This would not be a primary residence for many many years... It never fails to amaze me that no matter where you go, people think THEY coined the term Combat Fishin' :chuckle:

#9 ·
Phil, the 'buy/rent out' for future retirement ..

is pretty darned common around here. You won't be the first by any means.

As for combat fishing, this you will see but at very few places on the Rogue. These, without exception, are drive up and chuck type situations. The blessing being is that 99.9% of these yo-yo's won't fish out of sight of their car/truck. So move up/down stream 200 yards and the rivers all yours.

Jim and I were at Denmon this afternoon; simi-combat fishing on the upper run. Moved to the bottom/faster water and we had it to our selves. Zip hook ups, so hit car and drove about 300 yards up the main road and down to another area. We had 500 some yards of water to ourselves ... not another car.

Life is pretty darned good around here.

:D

#10 ·
"Combat fishing" is a state of mind. Some people think two anglers within a half mile of each other qualifies as combat fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.