Fly Fishing Forum banner

Acklins Island trip?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  MartyG 
#1 ·
Recent posts about a possible 2012 trip to Acklins Island to chase some bonefish have not seemed to generate much discussion. I'm hoping to make some sort of bonefishing excursion (to Acklins or elsewhere) in mid to late March and wonder if there is some potential interest out there? Feasibility of such a trip would depend on dates, costs, other details, of course.
Thanks.
GMflyfish

#2 ·
I ended up booking a week on Crooked with Vince since the Acklins idea/thread/trip didn't go anywhere, but that Crooked trip is now full (March 24-31).

Right now I'm going as a single for 10 days after that on South Andros so if you're interested in partnering up any time in the March 31-April 10 timeframe let me know.

#6 ·
TeflonJ/flatsfisher
Thanks for the info. I looked into Jet Blue and other air fares to NAS from Rochester, and unsurprisingly found fares signifiantly higher into April near Easter. A ticket to depart from Nassau has a huge chunk of taxes and fees.
A couple years ago Bahamas Air had a good deal from Nassau to Acklins (which I missed), but I have not seen any sign of that so far this season.
GMflyfish

#7 ·
juro said:
I'm still thinking about last week in March for Acklins
Juro, let me know if you might be interested instead in Andros for the first week of April. My buddy bailed that was going with me so I'm now going as a single, which of course is costing me a lot more for the single rate. I'm willing to pay part of somebody else's bill (something less than the single supplement) since that'll end up saving me money in the long run anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.