Fly Fishing Forum banner

Peta

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Chris 
#1 · (Edited)
:whoa: This morning in The Providence Journal on the editorial page there was an item from PETA. Head of the article was " RI Ban Fishing". They even bring up discarded line trapping birds and other fish and wildlife. I wonder what these people eat?:rolleyes:
Are they vegetarians? Vegetables are alive, they have feelings too.:hehe: The only thing I think doesn't have feelings is rocks, maybe they should grind up rocks and eat them. That way they won't hurt any living thing.:razz: Will bring the article this weekend, I think this needs a big response.:rolleyes: Maybe everyone should respond to THe Journal Editor.

#2 ·
OOOOh, PITA, I'm sooo scared. Call me when they prove to have any influence over anything. Meanwhile, there are much greater threats to our sport regarding habitat, access and over fishing. I am concerned that sportsmen get their panties in a twist over the wacky PETA press releases, while powerful and real organizations degrade our resources. There must be hundreds of more important letters to write, than one about PETA. It is fun to bash them.

#4 ·
Art, two comments. The abandoned line is a hazard to both the fisherman and wildlife, that all fisherman should pickup. I have been negligent in this regard at times and need the reminders.

Never mind what they eat. What do they do when the get an animal pest in the house? My wife leaned towards the Peta views on animals, until the nights we had bats flying around the house. It really got to her when she learned that the Mass state law banning trapping that she insisted on voting for over my objections banned having the bats trapped. Since then sometimes she listens to me. :p

Ill see if I can find a copy of the editorial online and craft a response.

#6 ·
Dear Peta

Your members enjoy constitutional rights but I put you on notice that this does not include the right to interfere with mine or any other law abiding person.

You have been told.

:tsk_tsk:

#10 · (Edited)
I ran into a PETA gang in front of Filenes a few years ago. I was actually threatened with a placcard when I said I thought PETA was an acronym "People Eating Tasty Animals". Kind of hyppocrytical (sp?) after all I'm an animal too... just ask my wife. I just love goading those pin heads.

As far as the trapping- they fought to ban it then get hysterical when their streets and yards are flooded by beaver or when bears are in their feeders and grabbing their dogs- Which mother bears used to teach their cubs to avoid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.