Fly Fishing Forum banner

A little somthing about me.

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Brennan Baker 
#1 ·
Hello everybody!! Great Forum you all got here!
I am new to the board and thought I would introduce myself.
<My name is Brennan Baker. I live in Powell River, British Columbia and have been fly fishing and tying for over 5 year. I tie commercialy for Marine Traders, and PRO(Powell River Outdoors) I love fishing large lakes for the big predatorial Coastal Cutthroat Trout wich inhabit the waters of the Powell Forest region and if you got any question regarding my area just shoot me a line at flyfishbc@shaw.ca
I went on my first trip to the Interior in Fall 2001 with Ian Forbes writer and painter for BC outdoors and other publications. I caught my first Kamloops trout the trip wich was over 20 inches in length and I got it on my own shrimp pattern. I am in the process of constructing my own website wich will be full of articles and fly patterns. I fish out of a 12 foot Lund Boat with a 9.9 on it, a float tube, a 6 foot fiberglass, and a canoe. Ive also fished out of a pontoon boat.
If any of you also post on Fishbc.com you might know who I am but for those that dont you can call me Da fish magnet ;) :D Hope to see you on the water!
Brennan Baker,
flyfishbc@shaw.ca

#2 · (Edited)
A Little Something About Me Too

Hello,
I am new to this board too, and this is one nice board!
My name is Doug Wright.
I live in the Lower Mainland of British Colubia, Canada, and i tied my first fly when I was four years old with my dad. I've been flyfishing all my life, because my dad had taken me camping and fishing since I was a few months old. Had my first fly rod when I was six years of age.
We mainly fish the interior, Thompson-Okanagan to the Cariboo Regions, for trout. When winter arrives, and the lakes are frozen or closed, we fish down here, on the west coast rivers and lakes, chasing the coastal cutthroat trout, salmon, char, and steelhead.
I have my own boat - A nine foot HarbberCraft Flyfisher with a 7.5 horse power outboard engine. I own a float tube as well.
Met Brennan Baker last fall. He's one year older than me - I'm fourteen years old.
Biggest Rainbow I caught was around eight pounds, which was released after a quick photo.
I tie flies commercialy, and I only flyfish (don't do any other type of fishing). Flyfishing is my favorite thing to do, and I'll go fishing whenever an opportunity is available.

Attachments

#4 ·
Welcome to the board guys. It is great to see you dads got you out and started early. Impressed you both tie commercially.

Will be up in the powell river area the end of may and will be sure to send you an email Brennan as my trip gets closer.

-sean

#7 ·
Wow

At 14/15 I was too busy betwen getting the car I bought stret ready for when I turned 16, tying my own flies/making lures, and trying to get l..., ummm, getting to know girls personally. :)

I wish I had more fishiing pictures of my youth. Back then it was all catch and kep so was no biggie to take a picture, even on a big fish. Do have a picture of me around 12 years old with a nice 15lb stelhead caught on Xmas, only reason we had a picture at al was my grandma had her camera. Man, i I only knw now. I'd cut back on the car aand stockkd up on the girls, umm, I mean fly tying. :)

Welcome aboard you two. I post oon FishBC occasionally, but under same moniker. But VERY rarely.

#8 ·
Brennan great fish and love the hat !!

If you are as good young golfer as you are fly fisherman I am glad I will not run into you on my local courses and embarass me.

Welcome, I started fishing at I guess around 8-9 years old for pan fish and bass. Then at 11-12 to trout and fly fishing. That was 42 years ago. I am not as old as Fred though.

BTW my favorite trout are rainbows and steelhead. Thats a real nice bow what did you get him on ?

You have me beat on stream rainbows the biggest I ever caught was 17 inches. Browns though up to 24 inches.

Hal

P.S. I am also part Irish which I think you probably are also

#9 ·
Re: Brennan great fish and love the hat !!

pmflyfisher said:
BTW my favorite trout are rainbows and steelhead. Thats a real nice bow what did you get him on ?

P.S. I am also part Irish which I think you probably are also [/B]

Are you asking me?? Im part Irish too. Were you asking me that too. Sorry did not see my name at the begining of the reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.