Fly Fishing Forum banner

broken back

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
sorry I haven't posted in forever, was doing alot of bird hunting up until a month ago when I broke my back in two places T12, L1 , broke a rib, sprained my foot, and generally beat the hell out of myself in bad snowboarding accident. good news is i should be back on my feet by striper season (may/june). I am bummed I have and will miss all the off season stuff.

#2 ·
Wow, you've been to Hell and back - welcome back, just the same. Glad to hear you're mending - too bad it's not mending a flyline:(

Hope everything's gonna work out okay, medically, physically, etc. Living vicariously isn't the worst thing in the world;)

#5 ·
Nathan, take care, get well and look forward to seeing you out on the water this season!

Reminds me of a brief passion for Hang Gliding back in my early twenties which came to an abrupt end when I made contact with mother earth rather suddenly one day:eek:

#15 ·
After watching what they were doing in that half pipe out in Salt Lake last night I can see how you could wreck yourself pretty quick. Having ruptured a couple of discs in the same area I will give you this advice. When you start to feel better, take it easy. I learned the hard way it's best to let things heal completely before resuming normal activities. Better to miss a couple of months of the season than a year.
Here's to a full recovery.

#16 ·
Nate -

I tried to find a great photo I have of you standing knee deep in pogies with blues churning up the perimeter of the bait school to scan/post to try to cheer you up...

but it was taking too long to find it so I thought I would just say "glad you're back in one piece!" :devil:

In all seriousness, I hope you have a speedy and thorough recovery and it's very good to hear you are in the hunt for spring fishing.

Juro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.