Fly Fishing Forum banner

Steve Farrar Squid Flies

8K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  SteveF 
#1 ·
I e-mail Steve and asked if I could put some incredible squid flies on our forum. He agreed and sent me the photo's of these two. You should note that, apart from the bueatiful work and the use of DNA material, the body proportions of the fly are perfect , that is, the tenticles and mantal are the proper lengths...

Attachments

#30 ·
Guys,

Tie it! Fishi it! Modify it! But most of all enjoy it! . The learning and experimenting are the best part and the most fun. CSJ60 - good looking ties, but remember in the water they will look the same as in the vise. Thanks for trying the tie out and nice job indeed. I too am interested in the materials you used.

Paxton, post em up or email a photo to me. I'd love to see them. 4 - 5 inches is what I use from the beach.

Juro - thanks again.

John - I see birthday wishes are in order - happy belated birthday. I particularly enjoyed the photo of you and your daughter. There's no better way to pass it on - memories!

SteveF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.