Fly Fishing Forum banner

Ferry service to Monomoy and South beach

4K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Rip Ryder 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Looks like we will start our services to the fishing grounds on Sa-tur-day May 13.
I was going to start the 6th, but the new boat got held up a week. I will be in North Carolina doing the stability test on the boat with the USCG that weekend.

Just a reminder, we will be running an early and limited schedule. Boat leaves at 7 am and pick up will be 5pm. This is do to my needing to be in the shop doing the finish work on the new boat. Hoping to have the work done by mid June, and then I will get back to our normal availabilty. Depending on progress with the boat I may offer more times on the weekends, not that 7-5 isn't going to make you guys happy. Just think everyday you will be out there one hour before anyone else.
Fee is still $15 pp round trip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Capt. Keith

PS. The Admiral is back and doing well.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Celebrities among us...

Capt K...
'Saw you and the Admiral on "Chronicle"... :Eyecrazy:
Nice "camera presence" (not to mention the matching uniforms)!
Good luck with the new ride...seeyousoon! :D

#5 ·
Thanks Captn' I will be on that 7am for a pre-clave scouting mission. She's looking real nice, maybe you can expand the South Rip Trip to Nantucket for us this year ;)

I thought Admiral Ed might be back - the warm weather we were having suddenly went to pot! :lildevl:

#7 ·
Rip Ryder

Capt. Keith,great looking ride and it looks like we won't be taking the usual morning shower with that beauty. I hope the stability test goes well and remind the boys down there that New Englanders tend to put on extra insulation over the winter ( except you of course).

#9 ·
With all the time and money gone into designing and building this beast, it better be a dry ride. One thing for sure I do know, I'LL BE DRY, as long as I remember to close the windows.

KMcFly, trust me with the stress eating disorder from this project, the Captain's weight will be matched by two 55 gallon drums for the stability test. I think the MSO has listed me as the 3 lifefloat in the safety equipment catagory.

Fishhawk, you read my mind. I may consider doing some tuna recon in the fall with the boat. If those speedy devils show up off SB again like last year. You will have to let me know, if the boat would be flyrod friendly offshore.

Flydoc, Penguin and I have been redesigning a spud gun to fire special Tird rounds at any unfriendly vessels within a certain perimeter. If that don't work, the wake from twin F250 Yamahas and a load of 25 fat ladies should send the message loud and clear. HOO RAA!!

Capt Keith

#10 ·
Rip Ryder said:
Flydoc, Penguin and I have been redesigning a spud gun to fire special Tird rounds at any unfriendly vessels within a certain perimeter. If that don't work, the wake from twin F250 Yamahas and a load of 25 fat ladies should send the message loud and clear. HOO RAA!!

Capt Keith
ROFLMAO...If the spud gun does not impress them the fat ladies will send them running with terror in their eyes! :biggrin: Especially if they are wearing flowered Moo Moos & straw hats!

#11 ·
Captain....hopefully this new "puppy" of yours has underwater seal attracting recordings AND you stay away from J bouy area during the seal tours. This option would be very considerate of you and greatly appreciated! Of course, alternatively, I'm sure that Pete can make a few suggestions re fire-power options.:lildevl:
Ron (Your Loyal Sand-Walker of the White Plastic Thumb)
PS: How many members of a wedding party can your new vessel hold at one time?:hihi:

#14 ·
Well Keith....that's one question answered....the other....have you changed your mind about wearing a tux? Just kidding.....she is searching for a quaint old inn for the wedding/reception. I'm sure that you are relieved given your last experience.
Amy is a tad more bubbly since getting engaged...we can hardly stand it :)
Hope to see you soon. If I leave now, I think that I can make the shuttle at 7 on the 14th of May :) Given gas prices, I may be staying over more....another day fishing for only 20 buck more....rather spend it that way than on gas.
Ron

#15 ·
Good point about traveling vs staying over on Cape

Juro,
I wonder, if we talked to the manager of the Stone Horse about a fisherman's price to get people to stay overnight vs traveling back and forth from the Cape.
I don't know who you deal with, but your welcome to tell them we would add their webpage to our site to get some exposure to the fisherman.

Just a thought.

Capt Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.