Fly Fishing Forum banner

A weekend of contrasts

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  John Desjardins 
#1 ·
I spent this past weekend in Londonderry, NH for my sister-in-law's graduation. I got up early on Saturday to trek over to one of my favorite bass and pickeral ponds. I was greeted by a very heavy and wet snow. YIKES!!! :eyecrazy: Aren't we only 2 weeks from June? Needless to say, I went back to bed.

Last night, upon our return home to central CT, I went to a local pond for an hour to try again. No snow, and plenty of fiesty bluegills and small largemouths. I also saw some very large bass cruising the edges of the riprap as the sun fell. I'd conservatively estimate a few of them at 6 or 7 pounds.

The old addage about New England weather still holds true. :rolleyes: If I see snow again this year, I think I'll cry.

#2 ·
Yup, that was quite a difference in days. Friday I went to one of my favorite ponds and the Sunfish were on the reeds attacking anything dragged through them. Saturday morning going to vote in the town elections it was snowing and you couldn't see across the lake due to the mist rising off it. Sunday I took my son fishing on Wachusset reservoir and the fish were deep & not biting flys or worms. I even got to see the park ranger (first one in 13 years of living in MA) and didn't have my license checked :( .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.