Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anybody been steelheading lately in NW Mi?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BobK 
#1 ·
Got some available time coming up in between soccer games and hockey games. Thinking of making a run north. Last I heard, most of the rivers were hot. BPS says all the river are slow though so I was hoping for some first hand reports.

Thank you

#3 ·
NW MICH

BEFORE the cold snap fishing was hot!! WITH this artic blast fish have shut down, rivers are icing up quickly due to the severe low temps down close to zero. The PM was hopping last weekend!! We need to shake this cold. I hate it, but hey look at the bright side when it warms up those fish sure will be hungry!! But hell, I love going on the river even if I don't hook or catch one, the backdrop and the scenes the river's portray are just enough! The fish are there, just pick those days when theres a chance in the water rising a degree!! That could just be the ticket!! Well im off to tie some more!! Thats what this time is best for!

Well get ready for what looks to be phenominal spring run!! I CANT WAIT:eyecrazy:

#5 ·
??? PARDON???

WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN??

G
#6 ·
To get back on the topic, it will be a while before our steelheading gets back to normal.

Seeing as how another cold front is heading our way middle of next week.

They can still be had during this cold weather. Look for areas where springs seep into rivers, the water will be warmer there, not much warmer just a touch.

Get your vise out and tie a few hundred flies while you wait for the thaw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.