Fly Fishing Forum banner

Back from Eleuthera

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JonC 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got back Sunday. Had a great trip--quality time with my Family and some good fishing with friends. I'll get a more detailed report once I catch up. Plenty of bones still to be caught on Eleuthera. And I'll work on the video of the unusual visitor we had on the flats one day.

some feeding going on here!

Enzo Leva with a good one

beach bone with my son Joe

Holly Leva with a west side bone-she was top rod this day!

another nice beach bone caught on the atlantic side. They are not as predictable along the atlantic beaches, but when you find them they are good sized and hungry!
[

See less See more
#5 ·
The next week

Apparently you had quite a good time,I arrived on Eleuthera the 24th and the weather quickly turned crappy, Monday it stormed so hard that all flights in were canceled. The rest of the week was spotty with a lot of wind out of the north which seems to keep the fish off the flats. I did catch a few fish, but overall it was pretty disappointing, most of the people I ran into had caught no fish or maybe 1 or 2. When there were fish visible, they were so spooky they'd blow up if you so much as twitched the fly and a cast that landed 4 or 5 feet away would send singles scurrying. I don't know if this is normal these days or not, but it was very difficult to get takes, plus my own anxiousness caused me to pull the fly out of fish's mouth on quite a few occasions. Next time it'll be better I'm sure, I've never had a week in the tropics with such severe weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.