Fly Fishing Forum banner

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF FISH TO FISH FOR?

• SALT WATER

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • FRESH WATER

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • OSMORGULATORS

Votes: 3 15.8%

Favorite type of fish.

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  juro 
#1 · (Edited)
What is your favorite type of fish to fish for?

SALT WATER
FRESH WATER
OSMOREGULATORS (both fresh and salt water, like salmon, ect..)

#3 ·
Mayflyman!

Hey you gotta give us choices we can select with conviction here... ;)

I love SW species, I love FW species, er.... um... yeah that too!

I do know one thing though... fish with down-turned pre-hensile mouths really turn me off!

:p

Everytime I hook one in a river I think it's a steelhead for a minute and when I realize it's a sucker... dOh!

#8 ·
I thiink I'll probably get some flack for this. But without a doubt Ii'd haave to say my favorite fish wouuld be a chum (dog) salmon. Don't get me wrong, i love all the other salmonoid species. But they have the best oof al of them. They have the sheer brute strenght of a king, the acrobatics of a silver, and th running power of a steelhead. All wrapped up in a wicked looking package. I've caught many fish iin my llife, but I never ever grimace or commplain about hitting a dog. Probably because Iilove to fish and have th fight. I love to eat fish, bu I'm not focused on keeping al thta I get (I landed a couuple oon friday that sme guys were keeping that were way too mushy to even smoke that I released that most of h other guys were keping).

#11 ·
well, I'd have to vote for bonito as a fav. you use light line so it is enjoyable to cast to em, and they run like a bat-outta-hell when hooked. (of course I haven't caught any albies yet. :) Tom D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.