Fly Fishing Forum banner

Exuma Bonefishing - Question For Adrian

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mdbones 
#1 ·
Adrian,

Have a couple of questions for you.

I understand that you have made a couple of pilgrimages down to Exuma. I am looking for a location for the Boys trip next year. we try to avoid lodges and instead prefer to rent homes. In the past we have stayed in Bimini (Marlin cottage), and Andros (Coakly House). we would like to push a little further South and Exuma seems like a good choice.

We have eight guys that go on the trip so we need the following from a location:

1. Four Top Notch Guides with good boats
2. House that can accomodate 8 (Three bedrooms) will suffice if we can get cots brought in
3. A village close by is a plus so we can eat/drink after a day on the flats.

believe it or not but not many places fit the bill - I am hoping that Exuma will - can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
Mike, I have always stayed in Hotels down there - P&P of course and Seven Sisters at Palm last year. As far as towns go, Georgetown is about it. Think about renting a van/big station wagon. Taxi fares border on the criminally insane :eyecrazy: I have a couple of guide contacts at work which I will email later. They could probably fix you up with a house rental and locate two more guides. These guys are good - they fish the Northern end of the Island which sees little pressure and offers as good a chance at a grand-slam as anywhere in the Bahamas!

#3 ·
Exuma

Mike,
I know this wasn't addressed to me but thought you might like the info. I rented the Breakwater Beach House off this sight last January. A tad small for 8, but this house might be of interest. Georgetown is a great little town. Two Turtles inn has an outside bar where boaters tend to gather, fun place! Good inexpensive local restaurants like Eddie's Edgewater and Cheaters. A number of guides have left P&P and gone independent. They tend to be a little less expensive, but every bit as good. I have the name and number of the guide I fished with if you're interested.

Good luck.....Rick

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/9292.html

#4 ·
Mike - sorry for the late reply!

Here are the guide contact details:

1) Celey Smith - 242 345 2341

Was building his own lodge last year - may be ready. He may also be able to help out with a house to rent - has lots of relatives - big familly! Also, check out his brothers Bar B Q (David) - backyard Bahamian Food Fest.

Great guide - also has a blue-water boat :D

2) Abby McKenzie - Home: 242 345 2312, Cell: 242 464 1973

Great guide - knows where the big Tarpon and Permit hang out.

Both guides operate out of Barra Terre on the North end of the Island. Pretty much unfished by anyone else - too far for the P&P guides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.