Fly Fishing Forum banner

Whale Kills Fisherman

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rooster 
#1 · (Edited)
See....http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/09/03/wh...reut/index.htm. Whale breeches and lands on a 20 boat killing one of the fishermen... makes me think about the time we were off Nauset in July... the whales were not breeching but they may have rammed us by mistake.(for some reason the link shows an error...just type in "whale" in the CNN search box and it will send you to the article.)

#6 ·
reason why male whales beach.

After serious discussions with the Winterhawk Winemaking and Flyfishing crew, we have determined that real reason why the lead male whales beach and the entire pod follows them is that they are lost and they finally took their mates instructions to "stop and ask for directions"...,
rooster

#7 ·
Re: reason why male whales beach.

rooster said:
After serious discussions with the Winterhawk Winemaking and Flyfishing crew, we have determined that real reason why the lead male whales beach and the entire pod follows them is that they are lost and they finally took their mates instructions to "stop and ask for directions"...,
rooster
AH yes now I have a topic to discuss at the dinner table. :devil: Lets see I'll put it as "I heard today that some renowned fisheries experts determined why whales beach themselves" . I should have the wife believing me for 10 seconds at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.