Fly Fishing Forum banner

Andros - Trip Report

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kalik 
#1 ·
Well, I am back in the states after 13 days on Andros.
I wish I had a bunch of pictures, tales of glory and great reports about the fishing, but...

I only fished for about 5 hours total on a few separate days.
I did catch one 3-4 pounder out of a school of 25 or so that decided to stop and tail up right next to me. Other than that, I blew a few chances at a nice single fish tailing on some turtle grass. I am still trying to perfect my turtle grass fly. I have one that works okay, but I think I will tie it with a group of 4 eyes instead of two to keep it up a bit.

The weather for the first 5 or 6 days was tough with a straight, strong East to Northeast wind blowing into the beach at 20 to 25. We had a few showers, but there was a good bit of sun. Very fishable conditions if you could get into a bit of a lee. The wind calmed down for a few days with some higher clouds, but I could not get out on those days.

This was a family vacation and I was more or less on lock-down most of the time.
Between the kids, Christmas, New Years and a family of beach loungers, there was not much time in the day for fishing.

The good news is that there are all new screens in the house, the windows are fully operable and the garage is pristine.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.