Fly Fishing Forum banner

got the boat

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  jcc_00 
#1 ·
ok, I now own(after tying up all the loose ends and the paperwork,and survey, not to mention that long drive to Maryland to get it ) A 1997 Jones Bros Light Tackle 1910. going to get it the weekend of the May 11th. wish me luck on the survey(not that I expect anything). Tom D :D :D :D

#6 ·
thanks guys

:D let's just say.... uh... yuppers on that tour, Juro. geez I just noticed the dates on the calendar... the weekend I was planning is Mother's Day weekend.... :whoa: oh boy, that wouldn't have flown too well :tsk_tsk: may need to push up the date a bit. :hehe: Tom D

#7 ·
Some big bayside tides through Memorial Day weekend. That'll get the fish coming up out of the Blue Hole toward Paine's and Quivett Crk with each flood for certain. With herring still in the story, big fish will still be snooping around for the big meal and snacking on all the goodies in between. Too bad most of us will be manning a spatula or playing miniature golf with the kids.

In any case, these are dangerous tides for any shore bound angler who doesn't know the drill out there. BUT the boater, yakker, or shoal-wise wader can take full advantage of this condition right through the week when it peaks on Wednesday at a -.9 low 8:40am to 11.4 high!

Tom - there is no rush, any late morning flood late May to September will do and Sesuit has public launching on both sides with a mere 1.8 mile run to sight fishing central or a 2 mile run out to Billingsgate shoals where the fish hang out all summer.

Probably the least exploited fishery for all the access and sight fishing quality it offers.

#11 ·
You must be flyin' high!:D

I congratulate you on having the constitution to chase down that boat. I considered it when I was in the running but shied away due to the distance.

I'm sure your going to be very happy.

Hopefully I'll be experiencing a similar feeling around August or so!

Back to the salt mines!!

Roop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.