Fly Fishing Forum banner

New site for me ....

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
Good day all , I found this site after talking with Kate at Siskiyou Aviary yesterday afternoon , it was her recomendation to check it out . From what little time I have spent looking around and reading some of the posts , it looks like a keeper for sure . Great content , and a wide variety of fly fishing info . I'm excited to see so much on spey casting , as I'm going to venture into giving the style a try. Looking forward to spending some time here , hopefuly gaining some info on my new found compulsion .
Great looking site,
John

#4 ·
Kate's good people and those feathers are amazing too!

We have spey claves in the area on an increasing basis, one in New Hampshire in spring and another on the Cattaraugus River in fall. I am trying to get more going on the east coast as I am a spey addict myself.

We also hold great events on the striper cost, well within striking distance.

Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
Thanks , ...... John , I have fished the Motomoy flats a few time in the past , took the shuttle over & walked the flats , saw guys on ladders ..that was different.. I'll be spending 10 day on the Cape this June , will be fishing the bay side this year with a friend on his 18' Mav. I have gone on the "Striper" , Bob Louse , out of Eastham ?? , near chatham for the last few years , good time on those trips .
Juro , I would be interested in a trip up to NH , I think a hands on spey casting trip with some experienced folks would be a good thing . For now I have Simon Gawesworths book to "study 'till the spring when I can get some casting practice in.
thanks for the welcomes ,
John H. Dow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.