Fly Fishing Forum banner

Eleuthera Help

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MartyG 
#1 ·
I am traveling to Eleuthera in two weeks. I am looking forward to the trip. Vince, a member of the fourum is helping me with some things. However, I was hoping some other vets on this board could help. I am staying in house in Rainbow Bay and will have a 4WD Jeep. I have read a bunch and I get the feeling that the fish are picky. Much different than my trips to Acklins and Andros South. This is my first DIY trip.

Any help would be appreciated. Here are a couple of things I am thinking about.

** Up North, any good spots on the North end of the Island? Everything I hear about is Savannah etc.

** I am bringing a spinning rig if the wind is up. Any thoughts on this? I have some tube lures for the cudas. Anything else?

** Does anyone know how late the water taxis run to/from Harbour Island?

Any other tips would be great.

Thanks...

#2 ·
Eleuthera ..

For what it's worth -

Make sure you bring a 10 weight. If the wind is up and it's hard to get near the fish on the west side try the ocean side. Throw a chartreuse clouser over the sandy patches between the coral. You'll catch some bones and all kinds of other fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.