Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hello

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Moonlight 
#1 ·
Hi everyone ,been looking around for a while so thought I'd sign up.Found out about this place because striblue mentioned else where.
Any way I live in the UK and fish the neath and usk river in wales and sometimes fish some club chalkstreams near salisbury wilts and been known to visit Ireland.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard Ashley!

I am originally from the UK & now live in CT USA. I have fond memories of a week of great trout fishing on the Usk a few years ago.

#3 ·
Welcome! I am fascinated by the heritage of flyfishing in the "old country". I lived in Blackheath London as a very young kid but have no river time on the journal from those days. It's a dream of mine to fish the great salmon rivers with 'merican Spey tackle from the pacific northwest, complete the circle so to speak.

I look forward to hearing fish tales from the UK!

#7 ·
Welcome ashley!!!! Wales has some of the best fishing in the world as far as I'm concerned. The countryside is beautiful and the people are warm and friendly. As an American it is hard not to notice the rich heritage that the Welsh have. It is also hard not to notice the "corkers" we caught out of Brenig. Glad to have you here. I am sure I'll enjoy reading some of your posts.

John

#9 ·
Ashley, Greetings and welcome. I find the names of places are often quite interesting you mention salisbury and Usk, where I lived in Alaska we had an Usk Bay. and a Salisbury Sound, However most of the names in the general area were from the Russian heritage and of course Native Tlinget and Haida.
With Kilpatrick , Fitzpatrick, and Brenans in my line of fore folks I guess I'm mostly Irish. But my father was born within hearing range of the Bell in London that makes one a Cockney, so if they ever go back to discriminating against the Irish I can say I,m English!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.