Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boston/North Shore/South Shore Recommendations?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jborkowski 
#1 ·
In light of the recent Rip cancellation...:'(

Anyone have any suggestions for (wade)fishing Boston, North, and/or South Shores?

#2 ·
Jeff...... for the last three weeks I have watched a small group of both spin and fly fishermen catching stripers at the Castle Island "sugar bowl". There hasn't been a day that we havn't seen at least one fish cruising in the shallows on the inside of the causeway. With the sun at your back they are very spooky. Lure or fly of choice seems to be white bucktail or clouser.

G
#3 ·
You have some rotten tides for wading this weeekend but you
might try Rockport. Fish from the eastern end of Pebble to Long Beach , pay special attention to saratoga creek on the outbound tide - fish from the south side of cape hedge. long Beach always produce for me early AM or almost dark the best but would produce if the beach wasn't too busy,next best was Andrews Point ,but entirly different fishing -off the rocks and very deep and hazardous on a rising tide or east wind . Good luck ,JIm O

#5 ·
Wish I had seen this Firday night Jeff--my offshore/overnight trip get cancelled 10 miles into the trip Friday night when we realized NOAA was WAY off in their forecast and had been revising their overnight/next day predictions to a different tune every couple of hours--soooooo frustrating. In any event, I came home, switched all my gear to inshore fly, and went out in the harbor by myself from 5-9 sat morning and basically had non-stop action the whole time. I would have been happy to have had you come along...

#6 ·
jeffg, sorry i missed out. i figured you'd be out there somewhere and was looking for you from shore. i scouted around both Winthrop and Hull before ending up at World's End. I'd love to head out with you sometime; i'm sure I'd learn a lot.

i feel o so terrible you had to go out alone...so terrible in fact, i feel obligated to provide my phone number to prevent such an event from ever happening again.:)

Check your email.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.