Fly Fishing Forum banner

North Shore 9/20 PM

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  GregD 
#1 ·
Launched the yak at Devereaux last night for its maiden voyage. Great night for a paddle, but zippo on the fish. I didn't see any bait and the water was still pretty mucked up from the storm...come on fishy fishy! Where are you??

#2 ·
Hi Nick,

I can see your getting out abit now. Sounds like you picked up a new Yak. Did you get the WS 12 Tarpon you expressed intrest in? How is it working out?

I hope to have a new Yak myself in the next couple weeks. Perhaps we can do a small yak attack down in RI in Oct.

Greg.

#3 ·
Yup, I got the 12' Tarpon.

I really like it after last night. I will say that I am going from a fairly limited platform (9ft OK Frenzy), but this has lots more storage and is a lot easier to paddle. I do have to get used to carrying the larger boat and landing it in a surf though. If you are in the market, I can recommend the place that I bought mine from highly. They are in the process of clearing out a bunch of rentals and had another 120 Tarpon left.

Nick

#4 ·
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the heads up on the Tarpon. Glad to hear you like it. I imagine it's alittle bit harder to carry around especially with that cast on. I have a line on a used 15ft OK prowler I might get. I'll know more tonight. I like the Tarpon 14 alittle more than the 12 for speed mainly and the new floor layout. But if the price is right I might pick one up for Brandon. We'll have to get out before the Fat lady sings :smile:

Greg.

#5 ·
Greg,
I'm actually clear of cast, walking boot, everything. Back in street shoes...the wonders of Stainless Steel brackets and screws!

Nick

#7 ·
Please do, love to hit Rhody with you this fall!

#9 ·
Sounds good...Congrats on the boat. It opens up that area that is just out of reach from shore but too close to rocks for a real boat. you'll love it.

For those interested...repeat at Deverauex last night...

#11 ·
I still got my pimp walk, don't worry bout that :razz:. Pants it is for me...and two SBFT last night! :smokin:

#13 ·
Well, that may have been decieving. Was in a friends boat and we weren't trolling, but we weren't throwing flies either. I only have a 9 wt, and I wanted to bring my rod and line home in the proper number of pieces.

#14 ·
Hi Nick,

Well I did assume you might have picked them up from the Yak on a fly rod no less. Wishful thinking perhaps, But I have seen Bluefin in close to shore so it's not out of the question. Glad to hear you hooked up no matter what you were using. :smokin:

Tight lines,
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.