Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pls, Help me to spey water

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hjcaster 
#1 ·
Hello ?
My name is Henry and recently moved to north suburbs of Chicago. Since I left Seattle 3 monthes ago, I am dying for spey water and desperately need some spey tying materials. Is there any fly shop where I can buy some materials and get some spey water info around Chicago/Milwaukee area ?
:confused:

#4 ·
You have a real 'soulmate' in Chicago in terms of spey and casting but he is of all places in the pacific northwest right now! Go figure.

When he gets back I will have him contact you via PM. He is very knowledgeable on the materials situation, in fact he ties some beautiful spey flies himself.

I guess that doesn't help in the mean time.... what are you looking for? Most of our sponsor shops ship to order.

G
#5 ·
Or you could drive the other way into Michigan and fish the Muskegon or Big Man. There are fish in the Milwaukee, but to me its more of an urban setting instead of wilderness. Not a bad place to start tho.

In fact we are having a spey clave there this May, losts of goodies to play with and you learn a bit about the river to boot.

We can talk more about this off-line, I'll shoot you an e-mail or PM.

#6 ·
Thanks Juro and Mjyp

I am not alone anymore !! And wish it all happens.

Bought Wisconsin license today at Jalensky's in Racine.
With their kind direction, hit Root River and fished one hour. My #9 14.1 ' spey rod looked too clumsy over there. Hooked 3 steelhead ( ? ), all shook off within 5 seconds. And hooked 5 tree branches. A single hander at the other side of dam and I laughed.

Great appreciation to Salom unlimited for their efforts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.