Fly Fishing Forum banner

Foam in Outcast

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AdrianV 
#1 ·
I'm upgrading my Caddis Nevada Gold, which in my opinion is a great U-boat.
I want to sit a bit higher, so simple solution is to put a thicker piece of foam in the seat (and I made a U-shaped bar in order to have more leg-space, see pic)
But now I have problems finding a good foam that does not suck water.
Could anyone tell me what the name of the foam is that is being used in the Outcast U-boats?
AdrianV

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Not quite what your wanted but...

I've taken uni-cellular plastic foam from older personal floatation devices (PFD's) for various peculiar projects...'works for moi!
It resists H2O absorbtion, maintains its' soft mass, and would probably lend itself nicely to das boot seat modification!?

#4 ·
Indeed she is cute isn't she. Who knows, perhaps she will join me once along some bank or coastline.

What I want to do with the foam is just get a thicker seating so I sit a bit higher above the water. The foam in the Caddis is only 1/2" thick, but it's possible to put a much thicker piece of foam (2-2.1/2") in it. I did so already and it would have worked if only the foam I used would not have been sucking water. It does get a bit heavy and on the drive home your car looks like as if you drove it through a car wash with the windows open.

It's a good idea to just ask it at Outcast. A straight line is often the best way. Have done so in the meantime and am waiting for their reaction.

I wish you all a very good 2005 with loads of fish and lots of fun. :smokin:

Adrian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.