Fly Fishing Forum banner

The right choice

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Having decided to bow out of the Rip Trip, I invited Chris and his wife Brenda over
for a picnic Friday night. They came down to Mystic from Maine for the weekend to celebrate their anniversary. Took Chris out on my friends' boat to Sugar Reef at first light. As Chris was stripping line for his first cast, his new 350 grain line found the prop leaving only five feet of sink tip after we tore what remained of it off the lower unit. Chris tied on a new leader and got into fish. That cheered him up in a hurry but I was still feeling bad about it. Delivered Chris back to Brenda in time for breakfast.

The Ct/RI Coastal Flyfishers held their summer picnic today starting at noon. This is also the annual fundraiser. Mark Sedotti showed his expertise in tying and casting the Chicken. Put all my raffle tickets into one bucket on a table that had a next generation 350 grain Wonderline as a prize. My ticket was drawn second so now Chris has a new line to replace the one he lost.

Sorry I missed the trip but I made the right choice in getting to know another Forum friend and better still, his wife.

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.