Fly Fishing Forum banner

Newbie's Biggest Bigmouth........yet....

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Moonlight 
#1 ·
While not a complete noob angler with many years and fish under the belt with non-fly equipment, this fellow pictured here is my current personal best on the fly. Just a couple of pounds but was exciting fun. But, don't look too closely at the fly as you will discern some heresy afoot. I'm just gettting warmed up with fly fishing relatively speaking with two of my five trips to Alaska with an 8 weight and another this month to SE AK for six days of feather chucking at Cohos. But my tooth cutting comes from the local ponds around my home in North Carolina. Bass, Bluegill, Crappie, Cats (caught 6 pounder on a hopper this summer!) and soon to be favorite freshwater species again- the glorious Carp-aka- the Golden Bonefish. Used to catch them on baitcasting gear up to 25 pounds in the Neuse river and will target them as soon as I can tie a convincing kernel of corn or mulberry. lol!

and another sharing my moniker-fishhead

and a Silver Salmon posing with me in a creek in a rainforest on an island in Southeast Alaska. Caught on an egg pattern about 12 pounds weight. Not C&R but bonked and bled out as noted that I have my hand in its gills.

:biggrin:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.