Fly Fishing Forum banner

Juro - Monomoy Ferry

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JJones 
#1 ·
Juro,
Hi, it is Jonesy. I will be in the Cape the week before 7/4. I was lookig at the web for the Monomoy Ferry, it looks like a good day trip for my family and I for them to hang on the beach and me to fish. Could you reccomend the best area to go to for this type of trip.
Thanks,
Jim

#2 ·
Jonesy
Just wanted to weigh in. There aren't any comfort facilities out there so make sure everyone uses the restrooms at the information center. My brother took his family out a few years ago and got a lot of grief because there was no bathroom. Just wanted to save you from any trouble on the homefront. Have fun it's a great spot.

#4 ·
Monomoy Island Ferry

JJones,

Just check in with me the day you arrive and I will let you know what is happening out there. South Beach is much more bearable for the family than N. Monomoy.
Fishing is pretty consistent throughout the season there. Weekends can be a bit crowded, plus the boat traffic can reek havoc on the fishing, so if you can make it during the week the better off you will be. Feel free to email me or PM me if you have any other Questions.

Capt Keith Lincoln
Monomoy Island Ferry.

#5 ·
Just catching up - and you've already got the best possible contact in Capt. Keith!

If the wind is west, the beach could be pleasant for both of you on a sunny day. Look for structure along the shoreline and of course a nice sandy dune for her.

If the wind is east, just get off at South Beach and find a flat with deep water nearby and a soft dune behind. Should be easy to find very close to where you are dropped off. Keep the eyes open as the tide changes and make sure you get her attention when you are tight to a fish.

If she likes to walk, the refuge itself from the HQ down to Stage Inlet is a nice walk and has peace and quiet as well as good fishing to offer.

#6 ·
Thank you all for your replies!
Capt. Keith , Iwill give you a call and weather permitting schedule for a week day. Thanks again,
Jim

What's going on on Sept 30 weekend,Boneclave 2005? If possible I would really enjoy doing some fishing with a great group like yourselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.