Fly Fishing Forum banner

Workin Girl

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ronn Lucas 
#1 ·
This is something some friends and Icame up with on the Deschutes about the last week in September. Sitting at the table in the camp ground this was the collaborative effort /wild idea of what might catch a steelhead. But as we said later the workin girl wasn’t workin, and she wasn’t even giving it away for free.

Its got a green but, lots of flash and bulk, else do you need.

#3 ·
Natirx,

This fly should work well on the east side of the Cascades since it is nearly identical to the "Purple Skunk" from Idaho's Clearwater country. The only thing different from the "Purple Skunk" is the tail, the "Purple Skunk has a red tail like the original "Skunk".

#4 ·
Yo Natrix,

Nice tie! I'm surprised your Working Girl didn't get a paying customer! Purple fleas like the venerable Purple Peril, Alec Jackson's Whaka Blond, and the Purple Brat usually get their share of trade. Maybe 'she' was working the wrong street corner? (grin)

Anyhow, like yourself, I've always been partial to Purple flies with accents of Chartreuse, Yellow, and Orange for the Deschtes.

Again, nifty fly, Matrix - I'll take a dozen!

Igor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.