Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cock-Eyed Deceiver

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Jungle cock feather and eye..grey saddle Hackle...white, blue and red bucktail...no flash...brown thread...epoxied nose.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Stri,

Very patriotic pattern! How many different patterns would you estimate you have tied this year? You're a machine, dude!

Where did you find the jungle cock? Is that farm raised or the plastic pop-out imitation stuff? I like adding a bit of that to my trout flies

#4 ·
Joe and Dave, The size hook is a 3/0...The tail is 6 grey Hackles ,three to a side with the white and red bucktail as a tail, flared a bit...the additional white and blue is the wing and throat. The Jungle Cock is real, and came from an old order Juro put in last year. Dave, I have no idea...but I will be doing a "Big Eyed Streaker" tonight.... A sereis of Borski flys, and I will start a series of Classic saltwater flys from the likes of Joe Brooks ,Gibbs, etc. for the archives and a display case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.