Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cape 08/03-08/11

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Cape 08/03-08/11

A fantastic week. My first experience thinking about fishing and fishing only for an entire week. I highly recommend it.

Sights and Sounds
  • Wind early
  • The Morris Island Monster Coyote
  • Stripee
  • The Jersey Kid
  • Harry's knot (not)
  • Jazillions of Juvie Menhaden
  • Dinner with Robert Gallo, the MD who discovered AIDS
  • Outer Cape Beaches
  • Mung...Mung...more Munnnng
  • CAC
  • Jimmy the fireman
  • Bayside Flatzzz
  • Dogfish
  • Bikini fun
  • And Fluke
  • 6 miles out...birds or the lack thereof
  • Duck hunting boats on the open ocean?
  • Teamstriper.com: John, Jim, and Ethan
  • Stetzko's record
  • The Squire with Morin, Morin, and Morin
  • The Nauset RIP
  • College date wins reality TV show and $700k
  • Snapper blues
  • Seals
  • Cow bass
Miscellaneous Musings
  • A rough open ocean trip in a Hewes Flats craft feels akin to getting in a car wreck...especially the next morning.
  • Wade with care.
  • An inflatable pool toy is in my future....and so is something gas powered that can't be popped by one of my pathetic errant casts.
  • Next time check with the Penguin before booking your trip.
  • Hydrate.
  • May the fishing gods strike down with wrath upon Mr. Morin and his friggin' gameboy sounding, fish stealing, cell phone.
  • Those little handheld GPSs are fun. The included maps worthless.
  • If jborkowski can catch fish during the "dog days", anybody can.
  • And last but not least, don't let the negative reports get you down. The fish are out there to be had. Not to mention, there's a lot to be learned fishing under tough conditions. It forces you to think hard about how and why you're doing what you're doing. It forces you to consider locations you might not otherwise. It forces you to become a better fisherman.
Special thanks to Striblue, Juro, and Captain Todd for their invaluable insight and hospitality.

Sleigh Ride pics to follow.

See less See more
#2 ·
Jeff...great report...It looks like you got everything in that post...did you go out Sunday Morning?.... I did not.... wind seemed strong at 6am so I spent the day on the beach reading. Drove up to the Refuge and spoke with Keith and saw only 3 flyfishermen head out on the 8am.

#3 ·
Virgin Ride

Juro,

Finally got those pics developed. Pardon the poor quality (note to self: those disposable waterproofs are junk).

Anyway, you get the idea...wahooooooooooo!!!!

I think I see a wake!

A beautiful morning. Thanks again for letting me tag along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.