Fly Fishing Forum banner

Boston Bruisers!!!

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DFix 
#1 ·
OK, just found a new "hot spot".

How's the Congress Street bridge, right in the heart of Boston!?

A few co-workers returned from grabbing lunch at the Hood Milk Bottle (right next to the Children's Museum). They came to me with tales of massive stripers. I couldn't believe them given the overwhelming scchhhhmuckiness of that channel. So off I went, with digicam in hand.

Unbelievable!!! Keepers galore. Big FAT Boston Bruisers cruising back and forth along the pier.

Good luck wading over there though. If your legs don't melt, the quicksand to China's definately going to get you.

Pics to follow...once I get them off my co-workers camera. To my co-workers, before, I was simply an obsessed fisherman. Now, after postponing a meeting midday to go take pics of the fishies at the Milk Bottle, I am affably known as certifiable. Frankly, I coudn't be more proud :smokin:.

#2 ·
French Fry Fly!

Jeff,
I read this on another board and thought you might like some help with fly selection for your next outing.

While wandering at lunch today I happened upon a funny sight. At the Milk Bottle at the Fort Point Channel (by the Children's Museum) I saw a bunch of people throwing french fries into the water. As I looked over the edge, I noticed about a dozen stripers in a frenzy with the largest one about 32"!
Here I am throwing herring patterns, eels, macks and even a popper or two and ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TIE A FRENCH FRY ON THE END OF MY FLOATING LINE!

Someone pass me a drink!
Thought I'd share with you kids. Enjoy.

#3 ·
Reminds me of a co-worker. Shortly after being hired he too advantage of the lunch break to get in a little casting practice on the front lawn in March. Those of us who fish, said "Nice loops!" Some left paper fish on his desk so he'd have something to fish for. :chuckle: Others still wonder about him.

Is there still a fish story contest going on? 'Cuz I wonder if you're pulling our collective leg.:devil:

Bring on the pics.

#8 ·
Milk Bottle Lunch Clave

MarkDoogue said:
Jeff, I'll see you Tuesday for lunch at the Milk Bottle.
Hey Mark - Want a third? I could probably whip up a small batch of fries tonite - anybody got a bridge net? Jeff - is that open cell foam?

Jim - no joke, obviously. The thing about this is these dogs know when they've got it good. They do the same thing around the barge restaurant in Salem Harbor called the Rockmore, where it's advertised as a 'show'; all around the floats in Hawthorne Cove Marina in Salem, etc (and those suckers are BIG and BRAZEN). They go lay up against the barrier wall in the Charles on the harbor side and feed on whatever they're thrown, etc.

I suppose there's no sport in using a thirteen weight just to keep them from running around too much - thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.