Fly Fishing Forum banner

Going to the chapel...

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Let me be the first on the Forum to Congratulate Doogue (Little) on his now imminent nuptials :*. By this time tomorrow, Mike and Kirsten will have tied the knot. Lets just hope it isn't a nail knot...Ba-da-bing!...ok,ok...pathetic joke.

In all seriousness, as many of you know, Mike and family are incredible people, deserving of a very special girl. Lucky for Mike, Kirsten is that special girl.

Again, Congratulations and Best Wishes.

Now lets just pray she can fish!

#2 ·
The only thing better than being lucky on the water is being lucky in love... when you think of all the people you meet in a lifetime, finding the right person is really amazing and I wish you both all that life has to offer.

Jeff - Maybe Kirsten will join Mike out on the water, but if she decides not to there's also the third Doogue generation to recruit into the ways of the angling man.

#4 ·
They deserve each other!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
By the way...Kirsten, you don't happen to know a noteworthy woman of great substance who might have a passion for a slightly handicapped war veteran/former mercenary still dealing with some personality fault issues?!
If she has a place on/near the water and her own SWFF gear that's a big plus! I am now accepting applications...Thanks!

#5 ·
Pete -

Thanks for not saying "send picture of boat and motor" }>

BTW -

For all the many hot eligible women browsing this site, allow me to speculate that Pete's underselling himself in his typical modest fashion. He's a life-saver, a heck of a fisherman, and a patriot!

#8 ·
bcasey (10-11-2001 09:42 p.m.):
Is there still time to sneak Mike out for a quick night out ? Say about 3 days in Rhody should do it.

Good Luck Mike and Kirsten, Have a BLAST
Highly unlikely, however, the wedding will be at Crane's beach. Needless to say, I'm preparing both my tux and fly gear as we speak.

I am a little concerned that if Mike sees me bolting for a blitz out of the corner of his eyes while saying his vows, he may follow...instinctually of course. As such, I have prepared accordingly and will be donning my camo-tux.

#11 ·
Well, it is the morning after, and the wedding was amazing.

My brother continues to inspire me, and, yesterday was no exception. They had beautiful weather and both the church in Andover and the reception at Castle Hill were perfect settings to enjoy one of the most important days of my life, the wedding of my Lil' Bro.

I'm sure he'll see all of your well wishes while on his honeymoon. I was informed that they would be frequenting the internet cafes in hopes of emailing digital photos home to me. I'll do my best to get a nice one posted on the board in short order.

BTW- Jeff, I'm sorry you missed the conversation I had with my cousin David. We had talked about turning all of the lights off on his Humvee and making a covert dash, under the cover of darkness, straight over the rolling hills of the grounds to the ocean. If I had known you were packin' a rod AND a camo tux we could have stormed the beach!!

In all seriousness, I love my brother and am happy to say we've added a new and wonderful person to our family, Kirsten Stadler Doogue.

I wish them all the best.

#14 ·
Mike,
So now that the honeymoon is over, any chance I could entice you out one last time...perhaps for a North Shore Sweep (see Lefty's No. Shore Sweep 10/27 thread)?

We could chase birds, freeze our asses off, reminisce about life as a bachelor, and eat Pannini sandwiches...oh and maybe catch one more big fat striper! ;D

What d'ya say?

#17 ·
Well,

You know what? I did not check the Forum much while in Italy. I just discovered this thread today - while waiting for non-existent little trick or treaters to tromp down my dark driveway in this drizzling NH rain. Not a single one yet!

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the kind words and congratulations. I was really moved by the support that we received in this thread. It was obvious to me even before reading this post but, without a shadow of a doubt, the members of this board are truly sincere, thoughtful and impressive people off of the water. On the water the same is true. However, on the water we receive an added bonus: many of the members of this board are fishing gurus. The best of both worlds for me.

Thank you all again. My wedding day proved to be a wonderful day and we enjoyed an excellent honeymoon in Italy. One highlight of the wedding day was my brother's speech - he was the best man. His speech was eloquent, touching and thoughtful. If anybody out there needs a speech writing consultant Mark may be the man for the job. Thanks bro - it was perfect. There was even a fly fishing reference thrown into the speech for good measure!

Jeff, in regards to the North Shore sortie this weekend - there is a good chance that we could swing it. Kirsten does of course have her own 9 weight Bean rod, some breathable Bean waders and a decent Bean reel. She has even tied up a few deep eels over the past 6 months. There is a chance Jeff. I will call you. We may get skunked but who cares? I do not think that I am game for the drive to Chatham. I have not spent a relaxing weekend at home in over 5 weeks. The long drive may not be an option for me. Then again if I start dreaming about cow bass in my sleep I may have to make the trip! Our chances for cows are better down Monomoy way.

Jeff, by the way, just the other day Kirsten asked if you bought an oversand vehicle yet. We are counting on you to be out personal guide on Nauset next season!

Talk to you all soon...

Mike

#18 ·
Mike - welcome back & congrats to you both!

If you're not up for the longer drive to Chatham (I'm still mulling it hard - need to be home by 11 a.m.), I'm planning at least to hit some 'closer' Cape locales (most likely bayside, Barnstable/Sandwich/Canal areas).

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Tod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.