Fly Fishing Forum banner

Kudos

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MarkDoogue 
#1 ·
Kudos to my alarm for ringing in the morning. Kudos to OldDoogue for hawking flats shirts like the best of "Rolex" dealers on the streets of NYC (actually, sold me a beautiful north face shirt for $20. For those interested, I think he's got more). Kudos to Irwin(sp?) for a lesson on long term strategic planning and national defense. Kudos to the beeeeaaauuutiful weather. Kudos to the 7000+ Monomoy stripers who outsmarted me all morning. Kudos to OldDoogue (in absentia) for sharing his sandwich genius :). Kudos to Juro for coaching me into my first striper on the flats. Kudos to Doogue for removing the knot in my flyline (mid-fight) so as not to lose my first striper on the flats. Kudos to Pete for introducing me to the Urban Assault Vehicle.

Kudos to John, Nick, Juro, Irwin, and Mike for great company.

Can't wait for next time.

#3 ·
And kudos to a young guy whose keen eye fell on the "best" shirt. Went to all the local discount stores and purchased 10 fishing shirts. Bought all they had, small-medium-large, columbia-northface-rockport, long-shortsleeve, and all with venting-large front pockets-and sleeves that button-up. Material is a combination of cotton ect.. Probably not those form fitting tailored SP rated shirts Juro looks so cool in, but at $20 each they seem to be worth it. If anyone is interested they can e-mail me for details.(all have the original sale tags and can be returned) If you have a desire to search them out I found them at Marshalls and TJmax.
By the way Jeff you picked out one of the two I was keeping for myself. And I'm missing a finger and two toes. And yes they were only $19.99 and I will send you the penny. And Mike's friend Irwin( who you had the pleasure of sharing company with yesterday) mentioned you wern't a bad guy to spend the day with......Jim D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.