Fly Fishing Forum banner

My Bio

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi
A little about who I am, I'm 78 years old,retired live alome, in a small but a very comfortable apartment (At times I wish it was a little bigger,need moe fly time space)
I live about 8 miles North of Saybrook Point in Chester Ct,on the Connecticut river.
As probably a lot of you alteady know, I no longer can fish off the Jetty's or the shore line, even have trouble climbing into boats, because I have what is called thr Post Polio Syndromes, in the past 7 years it has constanly progreasd to a point where now I have to rely on mechanical equipment such as Electric Scooters, Jazzy's, Walkers , for locomotion, with a very few exceptions , I am able to fish from areas that have handicap accessable Docks or Piers.
I will show you in one of my pictures with me fishing for White Perch, Snapper Blues, and I do a lot of Crabbing using chicken Wing baited Box Traps, and I do have some pretty favarable reasults.
To maintain my sanity, when there are days that I can't get out because of inclement weather, I tie a lot of flies, make Shadow Box Fly frames, with flies that I tied in them.
A friend of mine and me make fly tying items , like Flash Material Hangers, Tying Thread Racks, and Color Marker Caddies, that I would post a picture of if there is any interest in seeing them.
But the highlight of my day is to view the posts that are submitted by members of this remarkable and informative website, I spent hours perusing, and reading the interesting information and messages that are posted, I look forward to this part daily, especialy the FLY TALk
Joe ;) ;) ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Joe.. glad to have you on board and look forward to continued tading tying information.... as you might have read in an earlier post my winter progect will be to tye as many of Carrie Stevens streamer flys as I can. I will post three of my display cases I have here in Chatham in another post in the Striper Archive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.