Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hi from Alaska

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ak_flyfisher 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. Look forward to hanging out a little and chatting with you all!

#2 ·
So,

Alaska's pretty big, right?

What part of Alaska are you living in?

Many of us fish in "Alaska" but see just the tiniest part of the state and sample only a tidbit of the potential.

I've fished Kodiak road system quite a bit and been to Prince of Wales Island a couple of times. Each year, when I get on the plane for the return flight home, I can't wait until I can head back north again.

Welcome to the Forum.

Tell us more!

Cheers,

Eric

#3 ·
South Central

Most of my fishing is done within a few hours of Anchorage, where I live (along with the bulk of Alaska's populous.) I'd love to move out away from the city, but find my family has come to expect a quality of living that I wouldn't be able to support outside this major metro area.

I've done a little fishing in Southeast - out of Ketchikan. I'm really anxious to see if I can get there for the spring steelhead run this year, I missed it by a few weeks last year, but the King fishing was great. The limited bit I saw looked like it could produce some outstanding and beautiful steelhead fishing. Also done a little bit of fishing by the road system North of Anchorage - not enough, but a little bit.

You bring up the road system and only sampling a portion of what Alaska has to offer... It's so vast, and the road system so limited, that with the exception of those who fly and those banking six-figure incomes, it's nearly impossible to get to see it all - but I'm giving it my best effort :hihi: all the while dreaming about the flying and income part of that equation.

Thanks for the note - look forward to seeing you around the forum, and maybe someday we'll have the opportunity to fish the same stretch of some remote river.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.