Fly Fishing Forum banner

Phillipson Power Pakt Split Cane 9' Rod for sale

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Norseman 
#1 ·
One of the nicest Phillipsons offered in a long while

I would like to offer this to the membership before I list it on E-Bay. If anyone is interested send me a PM or an E-Mail and I will send detailed digital photo's

I don't want to load up the server with a bunch of photo's that don't do the rod justice

This beautiful 3 piece cane rod is in lovely condition, there is only one thread wrap in the middle section that needs touching up. The thread wraps are a deep yellowish gold with black finishing wraps.The cane is a dark brown and has never been retouched or refinished. All ferrules are nickle silver, tight and pop nicely when taken apart. The cork is cleaner than any I have ever seen. The reel seat is a dark brown bakelite type material with a very slight crazing line in the middle.

There are absolutely no chips or splits. The gluing used by Phillipson was considered the best in the world, he used a completely waterproof glue known as Penacolite.

The only other markings on the rod other than
Phillipson Power Pakt is:
C-7 I am assuming this is indicative of the aftm weight. Judging by the feel of the rod it would be a 6/7 wt.

One just sold on E-Bay for 316.01 US.
The one I am offering is far nicer

Rod comes with a near mint khaki colored original cloth bag and a screw top aluminum tube. The only down side of the set up is the tube...I think my father stored it in the rafters and one side of the tube is discolored rather dark. It could be cleaned off, but I didn't want to try it and take anything away from the tube.
I am going to ask $300 US for the rod.

I will ship the rod tube and rod enclosed in another rod tube wrapped in closed cell foam, anywhere in the US or Canada.
Shipping costs will be paid by the buyer.

Thanks
Norseman

See less See more
#4 ·
Paul, Thank you very much for the photos of the rod. I have an identical Phillipson of the same vintage right down to the guides and winding thread. I'm going to tell anyone interested that the Powr/Pakt 7wt is an excellent summer run steelhead rod and will do just fine for anyone searching for a cane rod for summer fishing. It appears as those this rod you are selling is everything you said it is, good luck to who ever buys it I know they will enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.